Archive for the ‘Healthy Water’ Category
Pardon our dust! This page is under construction. Please RSS and we will send you a short note when all the dust has settled. Thanks the Geek
What’s In Your Water? Honestly, I’d Hate To Tell You. But, We Think You Should Know!
Have you ever taken a moment to ask the question, “What’s in my water?” Or,”Why does my water taste so bad?” Or, here’s a favorite, “Why is my water cloudy?’
It seems that more and more people are asking that same question. Here are a few facts to consider:
FACT: An Environmental Working Group study found a total of more than 300 agricultural and industrial pollutants in the tap water of 45 states; more than half of those pollutants have no drinking-water safety standards*
FACT: Up to 20% of lead exposure comes from drinking water**
FACT: According to EPA, public water utilities have violated the Safe Drinking Water Act more than 700,000 times in the past seven years***
So What Is In Your Drinking Water?
Here is a list of the horrible and poisonous properties in most everyone’s water in the USA.
Disinfection By-products: Long-term exposure may cause increased risk of cancer, as well as liver, kidney, or central nervous system problems* They include:
Heavy Metals: Even at low levels, long-term exposure may cause behavioral problems and learning disabilities* Heavy Metals also Includes Lead. Just so you know, Lead exposure is up to 20% from drinking water alone.
In infants and children, long-term lead exposure may cause reduced IQ, learning disabilities, and impaired growth* In adults, long-term lead exposure may cause kidney problems, nerve disorders, and high blood pressure*
Also, another dangerous poison you and your family maybe drinking daily, agricultural pollutants.
Agricultural Pollutants: Long-term exposure may cause increased risk of cancer, as well as eye, liver, kidney, spleen, blood, and nervous system problems* Farmers use many poisons on their crops including pesticides and products to fertilize the soil for high production yields.
A Powerful Agricultural Pollutant is Atrazine:
- Outlawed in Europe
- 70 million pounds applied in the U.S. per year*
- Long term-exposure may cause cardiovascular and reproductive problems**
Benzene: Long-term exposure may cause anemia, decreased blood platelets, and increased risk of cancer**
Up to 6 million pounds of benzene released into the U.S. every year*
So what is a concerned water drinker to do?
Buy Bottled Water?
Bottled Water Isn’t The Answer!
Bad Choice for Your Wallet
• Bottled water is 100s to 1,000s X more expensive than tap water.
Bad Choice for the Environment
• 1.5 million barrels of oil are used in the production of bottled water each year**—enough to fuel 50,000 cars for one year
• 1,640,000 tons of packaging waste come from bottled water***
• Only 34% of water bottles are recycled***
Also, bottled water may not be contaminant free. The Environmental Working Group found 10 popular brands had a total of 38 contaminants*
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Learn exactly what’s in your water at: go to epa.gov/safewater/ccr. If you use well water you can get a sample check at your local health office. But don’t stop there.
2. Research how your water gets from your municipality to your tap.
Look for water filtration systems that are independently certified to reduce contaminants in your water that are hazardous to your health.
Now, for the good news. Shaklee science has developed an exciting and affordable solution to your water woes. There is no need to pay an arm and a leg for healthy drinking water! We’ve got you and your family covered.
These beautifully designed water pitchers are the perfect answer. Or, if you already have a water pitcher from another source…consider this.
New multipatented water-filtration system Beats Leading Brands!
- Get Clean Water is Certified to reduce lead (Brita® and PUR®) pitchers are not!
- Certified to filter 80 gallons— 2X Brita and PUR2
- 1st pitcher with refillable carbon-block filter system
- The Smart Choice
- Costs only pennies a gallon
- 1st automatic pitcher meter that shows gallons filtered
1 This comparison of current WQA and NSF certified reduction claims was conducted on June 16, 2010, on the Brita OB-36 and the PUR CR-6000C pitchers and is valid only for the named products marketed at that time. Product claims obtained from respective manufacturers’ Web sites. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
2 Compared to Brita and PUR pitcher filters at 40 gallons.
Did I mention that Get Clean Water will save you a ton of money?
Source: *ewg.org/tap-water/executive-summary; **EPA.gov/ogwdw000/hfacts.html; *** FACTOIDS: Drinking Water and Ground Water Statistics for 2009 (EPA 2009)
Source: *Report on carcinogens, 11th ed. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Toxicology Program; **epa.gov/safewater
Source: *The Quality of Our Nation’s Water, USGS Circular 1225; EPA atrazine science re-evaluation: potential health impacts (2009); **epa.gov/safewater.
Source: *EWG bottled Water Quality investigation (2008); **The U.S. Conference of Mayors, 2007; ***IBWA – International Bottled Water Association, 2007
If your health is a concern feel free to contact me or my team at any time. We have answers.
Have a healthy day,
Most People Do Not Drink Enough Water! But How Much Is Not Enough?
I talk with people all the time who complain about a variety of aliments that are all mostly water related. The biggest complaints: Always tired. Poor digestion. Pale or Dry Skin and Associated Problems. Dry and/or brittle hair. Poor or infrequent bowel movements or painful constipation and/or chronic Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) and they wonder why. Most end up taking prescription drugs to get a quick fix. Sad to say that these are just a few of the ailments associated with a poor water diet. There are many people who are silently suffering from these and a variety of other consequences bought on by not drinking enough water or what is known simply as Dehydration.
Come on? Is there really a risk? Just answer this simple question. “How much water did you drink today?” And add to that another all important question, “Is your drinking water safe?” If you have children–“how much water did your kids drink today?”
Some people say they only drink water when they’re thirsty. Problem: If you’re thirsty, it’s already too late. You are already dehydrated. And, once you get thirsty you get tired, weak and dizzy. You have a sit down and take a break. You are wondering what’s going on. Most people will reach for a soft drink, beer or a sugary sports drink. Yikes! Those only dehydrate you even more. Honestly, there is no replacement for cool, fresh, pure water.
Believe it or not, coffee, soda, tea, beer, sports drinks, kool aid do not count as actually drinking water.
Why Drink Water?
Water is critical to our survival, but beyond that, most people don’t think too much about their hydration levels. Sadly, many of us are chronically dehydrated. The average person requires 64 ounces of water a day (8 – 8oz glasses) for optimal functioning. I think we all know that statistic. But this requirement is just the bottom line. Honestly, you should drink a lot more. You see the need for more water increases if you exercise or play, as well as other factors like heat and humidity.
Here are 10 very powerful reasons to drink water:
1. Energy. Just about everyone is always tired. An instant cure…reach for a fresh glass of water when tire feelings begin their attack. Being dehydrated is an energy zapper and will drain all your energy.
2. Heart healthy. Drinking a good amount of water could lower your risks of a heart attack. A a study published by Loma Linda University just 5 glasses of water are needed for a healthy heart.
3. Health Weight loss. Water is one of the best tools for weight loss. It helps relive the tired feeling often associated with withdrawal symptoms and is the perfect replacement for high-calorie drinks like soft drinks, coffee, juice and alcohol. Water is naturally calorie free, fat free, no carbs, no added sweeteners or sugars. Water is also a great appetite suppressant. Feeling hungry? Drink a glass of water. Top it with a lemon wedge for add taste and flavor.
4. Headache cure. Got a headache? Before taking that Tylenol or aspirin try a glass of water. Headache symptoms are a sure sign of dehydration. In fact, often when we have headaches it’s simply a matter of not drinking enough water. There are lots of other causes of headaches of course, but dehydration is a common one.
5. Healthy skin. Drinking water can clear up your skin and people often report a healthy glow after drinking water. It won’t happen overnight, of course, but just a week of drinking a healthy amount of water can have good effects on your skin. 7 FREE tips to Healthy Beautiful Skin, learn more.
6. Digestive problems. Our digestive systems need a good amount of water to digest food properly. Often water can help cure stomach acid problems and water along with fiber can cure constipation (often a result of dehydration). learn more
7. Cleansing. Water is used by the body to help eliminate and flush out toxins and waste products that are produced by the body. If the toxins and poisons are not flushed out on a daily basis, they will begin to build up and Yikes. Possible kidney and bladder infections and if not checked can lead to even more life threatening issues. Drink water….hello!? See risk 8 below!
8. Cancer risk. Related to the digestive system item above, drinking a healthy amount of water has also been found to reduce the risk of colon (and other cancers) cancer. Drinking lots of water can also reduce the risk of bladder cancer by and potentially reduce the risk of breast cancer. For the water ratios, tips and facts visit the Cancer Cure
9. Exercise. It seems that exercise would only serve to make one more thirsty. The theory is being dehydrated will throw a damp towel your athletic activities. Dehydration will slow down your pace and make it very difficult to even want to consider a difficult work out. Exercise requires additional water, so your body which is already thirsty will toss mental blocks your way. Easy to over come…go get hydrated before, during and after exercise.
10. GOD CREATED WATER (for a reason) ~ For us to drink. I think He had all this in mind.
- Final thought. Why should you drink purified water and not tap water? learn more
- For refreshing purified water right at home or office check out this powerful personal carafe. Easily gets rid of contaminates and poisons found in tap water.. learn more
Here’s to your best health,
What’s In Your Tap Water?
Here is a scary fact that all water drinkers should know — there are a variety of poisons and toxins in all US water systems. And Fluoride tops the list. Yes, your drinking water is poisoned and they don’t want you to know. Ever wonder why your water is so hard to swallow? Why does your water taste so bad? Wonder why people add a little lemon or lime to their water? Usually to hide the awful taste.
That’s right there is a laundry list of poisons including fluoride in your drinking water and consequently your food. And, no one is doing anything about it. I mean the water companies are out making money. The big soft drink manufacturers (Coke and Pepsi now bottling water) are out making money.
Now to make things worse, the chemical companies are producing billions of plastic bottles that are being sold to the water manufacturers to bottle their so-called purified water, but these plastic bottles are loaded with toxins that leach into the water. learn more That really defeats the purpose of buying and drinking bottled water. Then there is another fact to consider — The poisonous plastic bottles that water is packed in at the supermarkets or corner quick stop. Not only do water bottles contaminate the drinking water through leaching (even more) they end up polluting our planet.
Call me old fashioned, but I believe that water was meant to be safe of everyone. But, in today’s world ‘safe water’ is an oxymoron. According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) there are so many contaminants in drinking water they had to develop a web site to list them on. The biggest culprits according to the EPA are fluoride, arsenic, fecal waste, viruses, chlorine, asbestos, mercury, nitrates, lead and on and on. See EPA complete list of poisons found in your tap water.. learn more
Check out this video that concludes fluoride, which is purposefully added to water, is really poison.
What can a concerned water drinker do? Here are a few safety tips:
- Stop drinking tap water Invest in a “safe” home Water Filtration System or buy purified water for drinking.
- Stop drinking water bottled in unsafe plastic bottles. Instead, invest in Safe Water bottles to carry water on trips away from home. Safe List
- Remember not to cook with tap water. Doing so will simply transfer the poisons into your food, drinks, etc.
- Invest in a Personal Water Purifying Carafe for Home, Office, Home or Gym. learn more
Here’s to your health,
Staying Hydrated Is Easier Than You Think
Thousands of us just can not seem to drink enough water daily. Here are 6 easy tips to help you, and to help you to help your family and loved ones keep hydrated for better health. Remember to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily. Honestly, this is a quick fix for a variety of ailments you may suffer from.
1. H2O to Go: Combat dehydration by having on-the-go water containers to take with you any and everywhere. Having a hands-free system, water bottle, or similar portable water container on hand will give you easy access to drink throughout the day. Make sure you use water safe containers.
2. Set a Reminder: Set your watch, alarm clock, PDA or timer; or try wearing 8- 10 rubber bands, removing one per 8 ounces of water consumed. Having a reminder throughout the day will keep you consuming the correct amount of water evenly throughout the day.
3. Drink before you feel thirsty. Thirst is not an accurate indicator of hydration. By the time you feel thirsty it’s too late, you are already dehydrated.
4. Watch for dehydration warnings: Fatigue, headache, nausea, and light-headedness are all indications of dehydration. Feeling lethargic? Go for water, not coffee.
5. Workouts: If you exercise, walk, or par take in any physical activity drink approximately two 8 oz glasses of water in the two hours before exercising, then drink an additional 4 oz for every 15 minutes of activity. For the exact amount of water for everyone in the family click here.
6. Do Not Rely on Sports Drinks: Water is the best fluid for staying hydrated during exercise sessions of less than one hour. Sports Drinks are great for longer sessions, but the sugar and sodium can actually deplete your fluid levels overall, so be sure to drink plenty of water as well!
Bottom line, drink water for improved health. Go for filtered or purified water always.
Here’s to your health!